Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What can persuade me

Personally I think I am an audience member who's into the performing arts so anything to do with the media as far as entertainment goes will interest me. Whether it be singing, dancing, or theater, I'm sure it will draw my attention. I am quite sure that if you want to persuade me to believe something, using the performing arts or perhaps pairing the arts with whatever it is that you are trying to convey and want me to comply with would surely be an effective way to do so. This makes me think back to a Public Service Announcement we watched in class on You Tube that featured Sarah McLaughlin. In the video she was trying raise awareness about animal abuse and neglect, and was trying get donations for the cause. What made this video so persuasive personally to me was the fact that she had her timeless hit song "Angel" playing in the background while a slide show of these poor neglected animals were shown. Although the photographs were pretty sad and depressing. for me I think what got me was the music in the background, it just seem to add the dramatic effect I think the commercial was attempting to have on its audience or viewers. Now something like that would definitely draw me in or persuade me to want to do something, and that would be the same with something less intense, all you need is light cameras and action and I'm there. Like if you were trying to convince me to get me to go with a certain concept in a music video and it wasn't offensive to me or it reflected my personality, all you would have to do is show me a similar concept in someone else's video and you could quite possibly get me to comply. Its all in the presentation and knowing what cords to strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment