Thursday, April 30, 2009

Final Entry!: What I Learned

I have to say that in this class this semester there were plenty of interesting assignments that we did and there were many things I learned in the process of doing them. However, I think that assignment four, the literacy project stood out, and taught me the most. It was also the most challenging. The literacy assignment was unlike another assignment that I had ever done. It really challenged me to dig deep into the meaning and process of some of the things that I do and use in everyday life. It taught me to look at or view things in ways that I had never viewed them before. Not once did I ever think of math, or the solfeggio scale in which I use in my choir class to warm up my voice as forms of literacy. It never crossed my mind. When this assignment was first presented I was really worried. I said to myself "what am I going to do?" "Where do I start?" It was all a big haze to me. So when I began working on the project I really had to do some thinking, analyzing, and formulating, until I got some sort of graps on it. Once that was settled I think that I came up with some pretty good concepts and points relating to the literacy subject. Now.... I must admit that although I was able to crank some decent things out for this assignment and I thought I had a decent grasp on it, in the end I was still a bit confused about the whole subject. I just felt as if there was something missing from the understanding I was suppose to have or get from this. Maybe i'll obtain or perhaps retain this missing information at some other point in time...But for the most part I got some goodthings out of it, and like I said I learned from it, and that is what learning is all about, getting out of what is presented to you. So even if I didnt get a full grasp on the Literacy assignment I got something from it in which I could carry with me and deploy the knowledge elsewhere. Assignment four was a great intellectually stimulating pedigogical experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment