Friday, February 27, 2009

“Beat It” Analysis Memo

“Beat It” Analysis Memo

This essay was very enjoyable to write, only because I’m totally obsessed with Michael Jackson and his incredible talents abilities to come up with innovative, artistic musical, and visual masterpieces. He is just “Superstartastic!” What was really cool about writing this analysis was observing it in a way that I had never observed it. When watching the video prior to this assignment I never thought about the message it may have been trying to convey, or what it may have been implying about popular culture. All I ever thought about was how cool the video looked, the choreography, Van Halen’s super sweet guitar solo, and how good Michael looked in all of his close ups. I really paid attention to the details. I even noticed the choreographer Michael Peters dancing in the background at the end of the video. Never picked up on that before. This was just a lot of fun for me! I would give myself a 3.5 or higher, just for being so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment